Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Venti

Bitter like the coffee I drink
Sugarless and dark
Oh so glad for your new found happiness
Are you filled with butterflies? -- Such blissful anticipation.
I remember the feeling.
My heart skipped a beat.
Beautiful yellow flowers, you did declare your admiration.
Oh, a helpless romantic? -- You lied.
Words are just words, if not put into action.
What we had was a facade only surface attraction.
Once I fluttered in search of more
But found nothing but obstacles, sticky as a web that traps hopes of love
I tried to break free, but found my way back and trapped once again
The spider did attack.
Luckily for me, I am built strong.  This does hurt me now
But the feeling won’t last long.
Yes, I am bitter like my coffee
But that’s nothing a little cream can’t fix.